MTSS is a multi-tiered framework that promotes school improvement through engaging, research-based academic and behavioral practices. NC MTSS employs a systems approach using data-driven problem solving to maximize growth for all. The agency’s vision for MTSS is that every North Carolina Pre-Kindergarten-12th grade public education system implements and sustains all components of a Multi-Tiered System of Support to ensure college, career, and community readiness for all students.
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) for Families
- Federal Regulations and State Policies
- NC Policies Governing Services for Children with Disabilities
- Perquimans County Exceptional Children's Department
- Perquimans County Schools Student Problem Solving Process
Please note: A parent has the right to request, in writing, an evaluation for special education at any time. If the parent makes this request, the student must be referred to the IEP team while interventions continue. If a parent verbally request an evaluation; staff should advise the parent to make the request in writing and send it to the principal.