Transportation Intent Forms: Click Here!
Please complete this Transportation Intent form even if your child will not be riding the school bus this year! Your completion of this form helps us plan accurate and efficient school bus routes . Thank you!!
Welcome to Perquimans County Schools Department of Transportation. The Transportation Services section provides leadership, technical assistance, service and support to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) in all areas of pupil transportation. Objectives of the section include the following:
- to provide a sufficient, safe and reliable system of transportation for eligible pupils in North Carolina’s public schools;
- to ensure that a durable, safe, well-maintained fleet of school buses is available for this purpose;
- to assure an equitable distribution of State funds among LEAs that will promote safety, quality and extent of service as required by State law and State Board Policy;
- to provide information systems and technical assistance to help LEAs provide transportation service as efficiently as possible without compromising the quality of service; and,
- to provide for LEA fiscal responsibility, decision-making authority and accountability.
Cost Clerk & TIMS Coordinator
Transportation Assistant & Bus Driver
Perquimans County Schools
139 Jimmy Hunter Drive
P.O. Box 337
Hertford, NC 27944
Phone Number: 252.426.7515
Fax Number: 252.426.7212
Hours of Operation: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm