CTE Annual Goals
2016-2018 PCS CTE Goals
PCS Strategic Goal 1
Every student in Perquimans County Schools graduates from high school prepared for work, further education and citizenship.
- 1a To transform the current CTE program into an elite CTE program that is aligned to local and regional industry needs.
- 1b To support current honors level courses and develop new courses.
- 1c To create The Public Health and Safety Academy
- 1d. To utilize the career plan (plan+)/graduation plan through PowerSchool and Canvas for pathways' planning.
PCS Strategic Goal 2
Every student has a personalized education.
- 2a. To increase student success through personalized education and differentiated instruction.
- 2b. To expand the identification of career interests and aptitudes through the career plan process.
PCS Strategic Goal 3
The Perquimans County School District has up-to-date financial, business and technology systems to serve students, parents and educators.
- 3a. To maintain and upgrade equipment in all program areas as needed.
- 3b. To create a STEM lab and Biotechnology classroom at the middle school and expand the high school programs for 6-12 pathway alignment.
PCS Strategic Goal 4
Every student, every day has excellent educators.
- 4a. To support teachers and students in obtaining credentials.
- 4b. To provide professional development as indicated from data sources. (EVAAS, NC Teacher Working Conditions, Stakeholder Surveys, Teacher Evaluation and student performance on EOC, Post Assessments, WorkKeys, and ACT results.
PCS Strategic Goal 5
Every student is healthy, safe and responsible.
- 5a. To increase student participation in CTSOs.
- 5b. To increase special populations' students to enroll in CTE courses.
PCS Strategic Goal 6
The Perquimans County School district works with elected officials to promote economic development.
- 6a. To continue to strengthen our CTE Advisory Councils and Partnerships.
- 6b. To increase student participation in work based learning opportunities.